Protecting your privacy
At London Eyes Cleaner, you can trust us to deliver the best service. And we want you to feel just as confident in us knowing we keep all your personal information safe and secure.
We’re committed to protecting your privacy, and we have made this policy to explain how we may collect and use your personal information, and why.
Why do we collect information?
We collect information from our customers to help us deliver and continually improve the service we offer. That means when you make an enquiry about our products, place an order with us, or use any of our services, we may collect personal information about you. Data may be stored/processed in manual and/or electronic format.
How do we use your information?
Data may be stored in manual or electronic format.
We use your information in a number of different ways – and it all depends on the information.
However, without your information, we won’t be able to offer all our fantastic services or provide you with our latest offers and updates (unless of course you’ve opted out of receiving marketing).
All the information we collect from you is used by us, or a trusted third-party acting on our behalf. Check out the tables below to see what we do, and why we do it.
What information may we collect: Your title & name
Why we collect it:
- So that we can address you correctly
- So that we can issue all the documentation relevant to your contract with us to the correct person
What information may we collect: Your home address
Why we collect it:
- To assist our removal experts to know where to find you
- To make sure you’re in the loop about all our fantastic features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers, through the power of direct mail
- To help us find you when we respond to you by post
- To send all documentation & guarantees in relation to your contract with us
- To ensure you don’t receive any more direct marketing mail by post if you have unsubscribed from this service
What information may we collect: Your email address
Why we collect it:
- To make sure you’re in the loop about all our fantastic features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers, through the power of email.
- To communicate with you during our order process
- To send you order acknowledgement, amendment and completion emails
- To ask whether you would like to review a purchase and help our products be the best they can be
- To record your emails and keep track of any issues or concerns you may have. This helps us to continually improve our services
- To ensure you don’t receive any more marketing emails if you have unsubscribed from this service
What information may we collect: Your telephone number (including home and/or mobile numbers)
Why we collect it:
- To get in touch with you if there’s a query regarding your order, and make sure our service is spot on
- To contact you to book a removal van to visit
Your contact history (including telephone call recordings and feedback)
- To ensure we always provide the best customer service and for training purposes
- To enable us to fully investigate any concerns you raise
- To log any questions or issues
- To provide gestures of goodwill to customers (e.g. flowers)
Your purchase history
- To perform our contract with you
- To record your purchase history
- To identify issues in our showrooms and improve our customer experiences
- To obtain evidence of accidents and injuries in our showroom and resolve issues efficiently (luckily this doesn’t happen too often)
- To help prevent theft or any other criminal activity
Your responses to surveys, promotions and competitions
- To perform our contract with you – because if we can’t use your entry, you can’t win!
The law allows us to collect and use the information set out above for several reasons, including:
- With your consent
- To perform our contracts with you, such as to deliver or install your products
- Legal compliance – sometimes we don’t have a choice, we are legally obliged to collect and share information, for example in relation to fraud or criminal activity
- Legitimate interest – where we need to use your data as part of the running of our business to provide our excellent goods and services and we will do this in a way that does not materially impact any of your rights, freedoms or interests, for example the profiling activity we refer to below.
Sharing your information
We want to earn and maintain your trust. So as a rule, we do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party. That includes your personal details, such as your name, address, email address or credit card information.
However, we may share your data with the following categories of companies, as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Competent Persons Scheme provider (FENSA)
- Insurance Backed Guarantee provider (The Consumer Protection Association)
- Local Authority Building Control
- Local Authority Planning Department
We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and we’ll always take your privacy into consideration before sharing.
Don’t forget your rights
Remember: your data is your data. So, you have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data if you withdraw that consent
- That we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- That we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time as follows:
To ask for your information to be updated or removed, please contact our customer services team.
We want to provide the best service to you, so we’ll act on your requests where we can. But, sometimes, we may not be able to or may not be required to. If we choose not to action your request, we’ll explain the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you give us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent. The easiest way to withdraw is to contact our helpful customer services team. Lots of the uses of your information set out in the table above are not based on your consent and therefore, we may continue to use your data, where we are legally allowed to.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation.
We must then do so, unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data. If we choose not to action your request, we’ll explain the reasons for our refusal.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice.
If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, that’s fine too. We will just ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
Filing a complaint
We’re always happy to help you with any issues you may have. However, if you’d like to make a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, please visit www.ico.org.uk
We’re always happy to speak to our customers, and when it comes to your privacy, we want you to feel as safe and secure as your information.